|Subject: The trial of Anwar Ibrahim.
Unanswered questions ........
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:22:51 -0800
From: email@example.com (Cyril Peter)
Organization: http://www.remarq.com: The World's Usenet/Discussions Start Here
Several things come to mind. I seek clarification on some of these points.
1. At the start of the trial, he seemed to be jovial and in control (to a certain extent), of the said trial. As the trial progressed, he seems to be on the side of the Prosecution. Why? - I don't know. I smell a suspicious semen!
2. Is he not aware that his family, friends, colleagues, staff, seniors, juniors, enemies, peers, students, the general public and the thousands of interested people, around the world are watching, monitoring this case, in spite of its length, baseless rulings, complications and sometimes outright stupidity!
3. Does he not realise that he is being judged, as he judges!
4. Did he not say that, at the start of this trial, that the world was watching and that the Malaysian judiciary and government was also on trial, or something to that effect. That was the reason why he allowed the trial to be in English, for the benefit of the foreign journalists and Diplomats.
5. One defence lawyer(Zainur) has been given a three month sentence. Another
(Fernando) has been told that at the end of the trial, if he and his team are still unable to prove the alleged conspiracy theory, he will be charged with Contempt of Court. A Warrant of Arrest (later cancelled) was issued against another lawyer (Manjeet) who made a SD in a related case. Where will this end?
6. Is it possible that the Judge is doing this on purpose - to make himself and the Malaysian judiciary look silly? (In that case, he is doing a splendid job. Keep it up.)
7. Is he doing the defence a favour, with all these unusual rulings?
8. Is he carrying out all these tricks, so that he will be removed from this case?
9. Is it not possible for him to fake a heart attack, and step-down on medical grounds?
1. Where can they go for protection? Law Society/Bar Council?
2. Lawyers only act on the instructions of their clients (thats basic).They advise their clients, but at the end of the day, the client decides what he wants to do.Yet lawyers are being harassed one by one. 2 out of 9 are in trouble with the judge and court - 7 more to go!
3. Is it not possible for all the lawyers in Anwar's defence team to resign en bloc, since they are getting nowhere, especially with this case and from the current situation, they will all be joining their client in jail, at the end of the trial. Can't they all just resign, apologise to their client and the court, and just say that they are unable to carry on because everything is stacked up against them, and that they also fear that they too will end up in jail? After all they expected to `fight' the Prosecution, their witnesses, but they never expected, to have to `fight' the judge. They were never taught this in Law School! They should resign unless the highest authority can guarantee that the trial will be conducted, without shaming the system, as is the case now. It is quite obvious why the Observer Status was not granted to the `Legal Eagles', that made their requests at the start of this circus (hmmm sorry - trial)
(THE ABOVE ARE SOLELY MY VIEWS (FRUSTRATION) OF THIS TRIAL, AND THE ACTORS WITHIN THIS TRIAL. TO CALL IT A TRIAL ITSELF, WOULD BE WRONG. MORE ACCURATELY, IT COULD BE CLASSIFIED AS A `SORRY EXCUSE FOR A CIRCUS', WITH THE MANY ANIMALS (ESPECIALLY KANGAROOS), THEIR BADLY REHEARSED ACTS, CLOWNS, PREY, ACROBATS AND OF COURSE, THE RING LEADER.
IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS, EVEN TO A RETARDED BLIND, THAT THERE ARE OTHERS THAT ARE IN CONTROL OF THESE PROCEEDINGS, NOT THE MAN THAT WAKES UP EVERY MORNING, COMBS HIS WHITE HAIR, ARRIVES IN COURT IN A LARGE WHITE CAR, SALUTES THE ENTIRE POLICE FORCE AND SITS SMUGLY AT THE BENCH. IT IS ONLY MADE TO LOOK LIKE HE IS IN CHARGE (Please don't tell anyone
this piece of information, especially the poor judge. Let him carry on thinking that he is in charge. It will help his ego.)
Thank you for being patient and allowing me to vent my frustration, with regards to this trial. Feel free to add to this message and help clear up the air. I still smell that suspicious semen.
*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***
Back to Justice for Anwar and Reformasi Index Page